Urology

Have Urology Questions? Ask a Urologist Online.

Ask a Doctor,

My dipstick test gives ca 10 for blood heamoglobin, Good, No…

Customer Question
My dipstick test gives...

My dipstick test gives ca 10 for blood heamoglobin

Doctor's Assistant: In general, how has your health been lately?

Good

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Urology
3/8/2018
Urologist: Dr. Bob, Medical Doctor replied 1 month ago
Dr. Bob
Dr. Bob, Medical Doctor

Hello. Why was your urine tested? What is the normal range for hemoglobin for your lab?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ohno just someone from an insurance did a dipstick test and said everything was normal. When I did it myself later again it showed ca 10 haemoglobin
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Are you there doctor ?

Yes. The urine dip test is not terribly reliable. It is meant as a screening device. If there is something that pops up as abnormal, we follow up with a full urinalysis. Can you ask your doctor for a urinalysis? You may not need to be seen. Just have him order the test, go in to the lab to drop off a specimen, and then await the results. In the meantime, you should not worry about this result.

If you have no more questions, please don't forget to provide a positive rating. This is the only way Iget credit for the time spent helping you.

Thanks for using JustAnswer.

Doctor-Bob

Dr. Bob
Dr. Bob
Dr. Bob, Medical Doctor