Urology

Have Urology Questions? Ask a Urologist Online.

Ask a Doctor,

My dipstick test gives ca 10 for blood heamoglobin, Good, No…

Customer Question
My dipstick test gives...

My dipstick test gives ca 10 for blood heamoglobin

Doctor's Assistant: In general, how has your health been lately?

Good

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Urology
3/8/2018
Urologist: Dr. Bob, Medical Doctor replied 4 months ago
Dr. Bob
Dr. Bob, Medical Doctor

Hello. Why was your urine tested? What is the normal range for hemoglobin for your lab?

Ohno just someone from an insurance did a dipstick test and said everything was normal. When I did it myself later again it showed ca 10 haemoglobin
Are you there doctor ?

Yes. The urine dip test is not terribly reliable. It is meant as a screening device. If there is something that pops up as abnormal, we follow up with a full urinalysis. Can you ask your doctor for a urinalysis? You may not need to be seen. Just have him order the test, go in to the lab to drop off a specimen, and then await the results. In the meantime, you should not worry about this result.

If you have no more questions, please don't forget to provide a positive rating. This is the only way Iget credit for the time spent helping you.

Thanks for using JustAnswer.

Doctor-Bob