Urology

Have Urology Questions? Ask a Urologist Online.

Ask a Doctor,

I have recently noticed a vein on the penile shaft, right…

Customer Question
Hi. I have recently...

Hi. I have recently noticed a vein on the penile shaft, right below the head of my penis. It is wider and more pronounced than the others. Since noticing it, I have noticed thatt my ability to grt an maintain an erection have weakened. I also ejaculate faster. Do you know if there is a correlation there?

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with this? Is there anything in particular that makes your head feel worse or better?

Thats not what im talking about

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I have recently increased my marijuana usage from about two times per week to about 4

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Urology
3/8/2018
Urologist: Dr. Bob, Medical Doctor replied 4 months ago
Dr. Bob
Dr. Bob, Medical Doctor

Hello. Veins are distensible and can change size depending on a lot of different circumstances. They are designed to swell in the penis in particular. This could be a temporary finding and should not be at all related to your erections or ejaculation, assuming you are in good health otherwise. The marijuana, on the other hand, could be affecting these things. While still controversial, the affects of the herb on "performance" can go either way.

Is there anything else that could be linked to the fact that i am ejaculating more quickly and sometimes having trouble getting and maintaining an erection? My marijuana usage is very minute compared to most - i may smoke more frequently than i should, but the amount i smoke each time is small