Urology

Have Urology Questions? Ask a Urologist Online.

Ask a Doctor,

Can they tell in a urine test how much of my medication I…

Customer Question
Can they tell in...

Can they tell in a urine test how much of my medication I take everyday for a month

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?

Yes I do every month. We have argued about it. Cause she keeps telling me my Percocets are not in my system when I know for a fact that they are I take them everyday and make extra sure did I take them early in the morning before I see her. But then I see her again a month later and she tells me I'm not taken my medication because none of them are in my system and I know that's a lie

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

She knows all. Well she just sent me for a bunch of drags that was bad. I have had a serious back surgery in the past. She asked me about it again when she got Cray report. Asked me why it dosent say anything about a back surgery. I got copy of report for the MRI I having. And it said about my surgery on the first line

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Urology
3/8/2018
Urologist: Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor replied 4 months ago
Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor

Hi, this is Dr Phil, here to assist you. I am Board Certified with over 10 years of experience. I will respond with my answer shortly. Thank you.

what dose of percocet?

have you had bariatric surgery?

10/325 3 a day or as needed
No bariatric surgerys

have you asked to see the report?

Just tell me can a lab tell that.
I don't see how they can possible tell how much meds you take say 15 or 29
debcisco2003 says before a test .
And how can they say it's not in my system when I have to take everyday cause pain so bad with out them can't put on pants or shoes. And DEFFENTLY can't stand in the shower. So how can that be

Yes, they can with percocet

The lab provides a curve

and if you don't fall under the curve, it is likely you are not taking it correctly

is this helpful?

No. Please explain what that is

It is just a graph that shows where most people fall in terms of blood levels

Then how can they say ain't none in my system
Why they say none in my system when I take EVERYDAY

I think you need to see the reports

Well I got copy of last report they sent in a d I noticed they DID NOT CHECK Percocet under drugs to check for. Would that be it? Its not marked to check for so the lab dont

can you upload or send me a copy?

Just a min

ok

I'm sorry I can't find it.
But I prety much know what it said

I would need to see it because sometimes it is marked in other areas

meds you are taking that is

It checked for meth version cocaine weed booze and methamphetamines and in feta means all kinds of stuff like that the goodie illegal crap that I do not touch not even weed or booze but nowhere in there about Percocet or oxycodone the place that says the name Percocet is never marked could that be why they don't check for it because I definitely take it everyday I have to or I can't put on my clothes or even my shoes

sometimes they check what you are prescribed in other areas

that might just be the illicit drug area

Sent pick of report to lab. U can read it
Are you looking at the report sent to lab

yes they checked opioids

that includes percocet

Well there reason why she says I'm not taking. Cause yes I do. With my condition I have to.
But she can't even read a Cray report right where first line says what kind of back surgery. I had. And she asking wht it says nothing about it. I get copy and there it is the first line said it. I think she very poor Dr

I'm sorry you are suffering so badly with this

Ya I am . wanna do double spinalfusion. But give no medication. He'll no
Thanks 4 ur help any way....bye

Did I do excellent work for you today?