Urology

Have Urology Questions? Ask a Urologist Online.

Ask a Doctor,

I need someone to read and report on a CT scan i.e.

Customer Question
Radiography. Can send through the...
I need someone to read and report on a CT scan i.e. Radiography. Can send through the digital films.
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Urology
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
here is the link to files. https://www.dropbox.com/sh/n7fu09w711v1m8s/AAA74GByJYP02EUEO0H_v3t_a?dl=0Been having lower right abdominal pain. Moving into hip bone (top) and low right back. was done in africa so need a report. Seeing if muscular or something else. Please advise. Thanks for your help
3/8/2018
Urologist: Dr. David, MD replied 1 month ago

Hello, this is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

we don't give out radiology reports here, but I can take a look at your CT scan images.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
ok thanks. I will revert after you have had a look as I have some questions

yes I see a non contrast pelvic CT scan

have you been shot before in your abdomen? I see some subcutaneous metal BBs which can be from shotgun in your right lower abdomen area

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
That is from a hernia repair (20 years ago) where they put some clips in and a mesh:)

I see

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Do you note anything else? the guy here said there is testicular varicose veins. could these be causing my symptoms? Been having lower right abdominal pain/ groin and at times testi pain right only. Moving into hip bone (top) and low right back.

testicular varicose veins would not be causing your symptoms.

when has your right lower abdominal pain start? it could be due to scar tissue forming from your prior hernia repair surgery which was done 20 years ago.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
started at Christmas. It is a bit on and off, but have most days. Worse when sitting down for long periods. Could it be bowel causing pain and referring pain? Could scare tissue refer pain to hip bone area (up) and lower back? At times in groin too?

it could be bowel causing referred pain

severe constipation, hard stool moving through your bowels can cause pain which comes and goes

scar tissue from your prior surgery can cause referred pain to your hip area and lower back and groin as well

the CT scan doesn't see scar tissue in the abdomen from prior surgery.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Is there a test to see scar tissue? Is there anything to help soften the scare tissue if it is that? Regarding the bowel would you think a colonoscopy would be helpful?

colonoscopy only sees on the inside of the colon

I would get an MRI scan of your pelvis and lumbar spine to look for scar tissue and pinched nerves which could be pinched exiting the spine and causing pain.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok so could the bowels (inside) be causing the referred pain?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
or more likely from the nerves / scare tissues

bowel problems tend to cause diarrhea, or constipation symptoms

do you have these issues?

the pain is more likely to be from nerves and scar tissue.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Don’t have diarrhoea, stools have been at times harder and small ball at start of stool and then rest is fine and normal consistency?? I can have the aching for a number of hours so guess that could be pinched nerve. Any other symptoms for bowels? Is that an area that could get bowel pain?

harder and small balls are a sign of constipation which can cause diverticulosis abdominal and pelvic pains with severe constipation

you should work on eating more fiber and fruits and vegetables which can bulk up your stools and help prevent constipation and could help decrease this pelvic pains.

Dr. David, MD