Urology

Have Urology Questions? Ask a Urologist Online.

Ask a Doctor,

Quick question. I notice that I've been urinating a lot

Customer Question
Hello, quick question. I notice...
Hello, quick question. I notice that I've been urinating a lot lately. Gor example today I've not drinkin anything. After I realized I needed water I drank a small bottle of water and within 10 minutes after I had to urinate and it was dark and smelly. I then drank another 2 bottles to try to rehydrate and almost immediately after I had to urinate again. Then again. Within a 45 minute period I had urinated 4 times. I've also had sore spots in my torso lately now I'm adraid of cancer. Kidney cancer and anything that may affect it. My lower back had dull aches often but i attributed it to sitting at work for long periods of time. When i push on my lower back there is a burning itch sensation just under the skin. Also i havent sweat in a while. I used to sit and would feel sweat dripping down my torso from my arm pits. I put my hand in my arm pits and noticed no sweat at all, i actually dont remember the last time I'd sweated the way i used to.
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Urology
3/8/2018
Urologist: medicaldoctor, Urologist replied 4 months ago
medicaldoctor
medicaldoctor, Urologist

Hello and welcome to Justanswer,I shall be consulting you today.

I'm reviewing your question and will post an answer in a moment.

Thank you for the patience

Urinating again it's like I opened a Floodgate, also my urine is very clear even the one I just did it still very clear

Increased frequency of urination can be due to urinary tract infection,high blood sugar or simply due to stress.

Since it is smelly as well so this seems to be due to urinary tract infection so you should have a urinalysis to see if there is any infection or not.

The other symptoms that you are having are not related to kidney cancer at all

In kidney cancer there is blood in urine,weight loss, pain or mass is felt in the flank area

Where is the flank area? My urine is clear only the first initial one before drinking anything was dark

Not sweating is not anything to be concerned for.

I would suggest you to have a urinalysis which is a testing of urine sample.

Get your blood sugar levels checked as well.

Lower back ache is most likely due to prolonged sitting.

Flank is the area between the lower edge of ribs and the hips on the sides

Do let me know if you have any more questions.

And also Please do take a moment to click on the stars on top left to rate this with 5 stars.

Thank you

I had a recent urinalysis test I also had blood drawn and found out I have hypothyroidism I went to the ER recently they didn't mention anything like that so I guess they would have discovered something right?

Yeah they would have picked these.

Increased urination can simply be due to stress or anxiety

Ok thank you
Ok how do I intake more water and keep it in?

Your body keeps a balance on its own so don't worry.

The urine output would depend on your water intake.

You're welcome :)

Thank you

Also i notice a sore spot tender to touch about a few inches below my sternum and off to the right a couple inches. I notice it more while sitting

Does it feel like a lump?

No i don't feel a lump

It could be due to skin irritation.

You can take Ibuprofen for this

Please don't forget to click on the 5 stars on top left of this thread.

I'll be here for any follow up questions.

Thank you

Its below the skin surface

I would give you a better opinion if I would examine this

What could it be

Is it painful to touch?

Pain is constant?

Anything that makes this pain better or worse?

How severe is this on a scale of 1 to 10 with 1 being lowest and 10 highest?

Have you ever had this before?

It's only about a dime-sized area that hurts to touch depending on how hard they push it is depending on the Pain Scale I also have a similar pain about 6 inches above it on my actual rib to the left of my right pectoral muscle

Okay this can be a muscular pain.

You need to take ibuprofen to see if this pain is relieved or not.

If not then you can see your doctor for an examination of your tummy.

This pain doesn't suggest anything concerning

Do you think my hypothyroidism could be causing these pans

No hypothyroidism is not related with this pain

Kindly do rate this by simply clicking on the stars.You're not charged anything for rating positively.

Plus rating does not close the chat.

Thank you

One final question and I will leave you alone, I had chest x-rays done in January at the emergency room I was discharged with my paperwork saying chest x-ray negative I called the hospital to verify and they said negative with no notes. Now yesterday I got a call from an Imaging Center not at the hospital what could that be about?

I'm not pretty sure but once they have told you that X ray was negative this means it is normal.