Urology

Have Urology Questions? Ask a Urologist Online.

Ask a Doctor,

Im a 32 year old man,who is in very good health.However,my…

Im a 32 year old...
Im a 32 year old man,who is in very good health.However,my recent complaint has to do with a burning sensation on the testicles .Im also a compulsive masturbator at times.Are both problems related at all?Thanks,
Michael
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/7/2018
Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, General Practice

Hello. I'm Dr Chip
Thanks for your question and I'm reviewing it.
I'll be back in a moment with and answer or a request for more information

Can you please tell me more about your symptoms?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Im fine with that but I dont have any more information to give you.

Well, is it in both your testicles?

Is it constant?

Are your testicles tender to the touch?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Its sporadic and it is in both of them.They are not tender.

Well it could just be from your masturbation

But there's a possibility that it's referred pain from your prostate gland and that you have prostatitis--an infection of the gland

For now you could try oral probiotics and over the counter saw palmetto, but if it continues for more than a few more days you should see your doctor for a urinalysis and a digital prostate exam to see if you need a course of oral antibiotics for this.

Please let me know if you need any more information

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Why would masturbation cause it?Is my body telling me I need to do the act,when I get the sproadic burning sensation.Its actually more of a tingling feeling than anything else.

It can be a need for your testicles to excrete their sperm

But since it might be a prostate infection it would be best for your doctor to check it out

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
ok.Like I mentioned earlier I can be a compulsive masturbator.Would an imbalance in my testosterone be causing that?

No, that wouldn't be from an imbalance in your testosterone levels

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Would it be caused by high testosterone?

No--neither from high testosterone or low testosterone

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I think my anxiety might be causing my strong desire at times to masturbate.I have often masturbated in a public bathroom.

That's possible and it's also possible that it's just anxiety that's causing the testicle sensation

But is there any more information you need?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok.What causes a person to compulsively masturbate?

That's really a different subject that I'll be happy to discuss with you on a new page after you rate my service to you on this page

Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, General Practice
Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, General Practice