Urology

Have Urology Questions? Ask a Urologist Online.

Ask a Doctor,

Im a 32 year old man,who is in very good health.However,my…

Im a 32 year old...
Im a 32 year old man,who is in very good health.However,my recent complaint has to do with a burning sensation on the testicles .Im also a compulsive masturbator at times.Are both problems related at all?Thanks,
Michael
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/7/2018
Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, General Practice

Hello. I'm Dr Chip
Thanks for your question and I'm reviewing it.
I'll be back in a moment with and answer or a request for more information

Can you please tell me more about your symptoms?

Im fine with that but I dont have any more information to give you.

Well, is it in both your testicles?

Is it constant?

Are your testicles tender to the touch?

Its sporadic and it is in both of them.They are not tender.

Well it could just be from your masturbation

But there's a possibility that it's referred pain from your prostate gland and that you have prostatitis--an infection of the gland

For now you could try oral probiotics and over the counter saw palmetto, but if it continues for more than a few more days you should see your doctor for a urinalysis and a digital prostate exam to see if you need a course of oral antibiotics for this.

Please let me know if you need any more information

Why would masturbation cause it?Is my body telling me I need to do the act,when I get the sproadic burning sensation.Its actually more of a tingling feeling than anything else.

It can be a need for your testicles to excrete their sperm

But since it might be a prostate infection it would be best for your doctor to check it out

ok.Like I mentioned earlier I can be a compulsive masturbator.Would an imbalance in my testosterone be causing that?

No, that wouldn't be from an imbalance in your testosterone levels

Would it be caused by high testosterone?

No--neither from high testosterone or low testosterone

I think my anxiety might be causing my strong desire at times to masturbate.I have often masturbated in a public bathroom.

That's possible and it's also possible that it's just anxiety that's causing the testicle sensation

But is there any more information you need?

Ok.What causes a person to compulsively masturbate?

That's really a different subject that I'll be happy to discuss with you on a new page after you rate my service to you on this page

Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, General Practice