Urology

Have Urology Questions? Ask a Urologist Online.

Ask a Doctor,

I have gone to a ketogenic diet and drink lots of lemon

Customer Question
I have gone to...

I have gone to a ketogenic diet and drink lots of lemon water. I've had two episodes of inundating blood and coagulative blood. I was checked for kidney stone and had a Ct scan that was clear. I have symptoms again today

Doctor's Assistant: Is the condition chronic, or acute?

Acute

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Urology
3/7/2018
Urologist: Dr. Arun Phophalia, Urologist replied 5 months ago

Welcome to Just Answer.
Answers here are for education and information.
I will respond shortly with an answer, or further information request.

What is your age and gender?

Do you have two episodes of blood in urine?

Was there any pain or it was painless?

Male,48
Yes, it came out a few times and cleared two weeks ago. CT scan was normal
Discomfort. Had trouble urinating while passing the thick blood. Just passed more then a normal stream of urine with some blood

Thanks for the additional information. I am writing the answer for you and will get back to you in 4-5 minutes. If you get a phone call request, you may ignore it as that is an automated site trigger. Thank you.

Your would need following investigations in this order (step wise);

1) Cystoscopy; camera exam.

2) Urine cytology.

3) MR urogram.

This is not likely due to your diet.

Stone disease is the commonest cause and many times, concretions may not be detected as they are tiny and passed with the blood.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

it could be small stones passing over time? I have a appointment with a urologist Monday. Am I ok to wait til then?

Yes, this is not an emergency and you are safe to wait till Monday.

You would need further work up.

Your urologist would post you for cystoscopy.

Wishing you a speedy recovery.

" I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen ( rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!”.

Yes, stones are the commonest cause for it.

Was this information helpful to you? I would be glad to answer any further questions.

It is privilege assisting you.

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.

Please consider a positive 5 star rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating.

The rating button is on the left upper side of this thread.

You can continue to ask questions after positive feedback.

Thank you.

Wishing you all the very best in life.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-rate-answer-hl

Stay blessed.