Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Experience:  I am fellowship trained specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.
32613003

My daughter is 10. She has been to many Dr's and have no

Customer Question

Please help! My daughter is 10. She has been to many Dr's and have no answer. She has an appt. In July with a specialist, but we can not wait that long. She has a constant urgency to urinate. It is all she thinks about. She has been on antibiotics several times. They help, but as soon as they are finished, we are back where we started. She has had bloodwork, ultrasound of kidneys, and has been tested for uti and bacterial infections, all negative. This is a major disruption to her life. School is getting frustrated and so are we!
JA: Is the condition chronic, or acute?
Customer: Acute, but going on for 5 months now
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: She has many allergies. Tummyaches off and on.
Category: Urology
Expert:  Ross replied 8 months ago.

hello Dr Ross I'm a urologist I will try to help

Expert:  Ross replied 8 months ago.

just a shot at this sometimes when childrens voiding pattern change they are doing it for attention due to feeling not as big a role in the family as before, another sibling because every time she voids it gets her to be the focus of everyone

Expert:  Ross replied 8 months ago.

she has found that you pay attention to her more now younger children will say it burns to void for same reason more attention hope that gives you an idea which is try ignoring it you have proven by the test its nothing bad,