Urology

Have Urology Questions? Ask a Urologist Online.

Ask a Doctor,

I have a enlarged vein on my shaft that seemingly just came…

Customer Question
I have a enlarged...

I have a enlarged vein on my shaft that seemingly just came out of nowhere

Doctor's Assistant: Any pain or burning sensation while urinating? What color is your urine?

Not as of lately i was checked for STDs when i got my symptoms all clear. The vein is right by the urethra

Doctor's Assistant: Is the condition chronic, or acute?

Explain? Idk of any condition at all

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

No I’ve had an STD before but it was Seven years ago

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Urology
3/6/2018
Urologist: Dr Su S, Doctor(MD) replied 1 month ago
Dr Su S
Dr Su S, Doctor(MD)

Greetings,
Thank you for your question.
I am Dr. Su S
I will try my best to help you.
I will answer in a moment/request for further information.

When did it develop?

Is there any pain or any other symptom?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I noticed it like A month ago don’t have any burning when i pee. I did have slight discomfort in my genital area but that’s no longer there. My sexual encounter was in December

Thank you for the input.
I am very sorry for your symptoms.
The condition you are having is likely to be inflammation of vein or superficial thrombophlebitis of the penis.
It is not STD.
Outllook is usually good.
If you feel any pain, you may need analgesics.
Analgesics with antiinflammatory actions like ibuprofen can be taken.
This usually lasts for 3-4 weeks, but sometimes it can last longer.
As it is continuing for a month, I would advise to take an examination by your doctor.
I hope this information will be helpful.
If you have any query, please feel free to ask.
Your satisfaction is my goal.
If you are happy with my answer please click on 5 star rating so that I can get the credit for helping you.
Wish you healthy life.
Regards.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank you sir im tryin to research the symptoms of that and see if theyre similar to mine. My symptoms made me think i had an STD but i didn’t understand why it was Lasting for so long. Especially Bc it seemed to happen right after the sex

You are always welcome.
STD would cause rash, ulcer, burning urine etc.
Engorgement of vein is unlikely from it.

During sex there can be trauma too causing the swelling.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you.
If you are happy with my answers please do not forget to leave a 5 star rating before signing out.
Without positive rating I will not get the credit for helping you today.
You can ask question on the topic after rating.
Wish you healthy life.
Warm Regards.

Dr Su S
Dr Su S
Dr Su S, Doctor(MD)