Urology

Have Urology Questions? Ask a Urologist Online.

Ask a Doctor,

My testicles have a sharp pain. About a week. rubbing

My testicles have a...

My testicles have a sharp pain

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?

About a week. rubbing alcohol accidentally got in the head of my penis I think that's were the pain is coming from

3/6/2018

Welcome to Just Answer.
Answers here are for education and information.
I will respond shortly with an answer, or further information request.

What is your age?

Is your urinary opening (urethral meatus) pain or is there pain on urination?

Do you have swelling, tenderness in testes?

No pain while urinating or swelling maybe just a lil tender
Age is 23

Thanks for the additional information. I am writing the answer for you and will get back to you in 4-5 minutes. If you get a phone call request, you may ignore it as that is an automated site trigger. Thank you.

Urethral meatus inflammation can cause referred pain to testes.

Following other causes to be considered for the pain are;

1) Recurrent torsion

2) Torsion or inflammation of the appendix of the testes

3) Infectious epididymitis

4) Noninfectious epididymitis; occur due to reflux of urine through the ejaculatory ducts and vas into the epididymis, producing a "chemical" inflammation

5) Referred pain - the genitofemoral, ilioinguinal, or posterior scrotal nerves CAN CAUSE REFERRED PAIN. Other causes of referred pain are abdominal aortic aneurysm, ureteric stone, lower lumbar or sacral nerve root impingement, retrocecal appendicitis, retroperitoneal tumor.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

Wat should I do

If pain is mild following is advised;

1) Scrotal support.

2) Ibuprofen / Motrin.

3) Vitamin C

4) Plenty of fluids.

5) Probiotics.

If pain is moderate to severe, you would need to go to urgent care or seek an appointment with your primary care physician.

Was this information helpful to you? I would be glad to answer any further questions.

thank u

You are very welcome.

Wishing you a speedy resolution.

" I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen ( rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!”.

Dr arun I just got home and done some checking and I do have some swelling and some redness in my left testse
Still just very mild pain

You need a course of antibiotic. This may be epididymitis.

Consulting a doctor is strongly advised.

It is privilege assisting you.