Urology

Have Urology Questions? Ask a Urologist Online.

Ask a Doctor,

36 male. Last couple weeks noticed dark veins in scrotum.

Not painful. Not sure if...
36 male. Last couple weeks noticed dark veins in scrotum. Not painful. Not sure if always there or if something is wrong. I also noticed scrotum feels heavier then normal. Twticles font hurt to touch. Not painful when urinate or ejaculate.
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/6/2018
Ross
Ross, Urologist

Hello Dr Ross IM a urologist I will try to help

those are basically varicose veins of the scrotum they will come and go based on how mucgh you may strain to move your bowels or if you di heavy lifting

no proven treatment for some men wear boxer briefs to give a little support

when you are older you might scratch an itch there and break one that might bleed no problem welcome to you 30s

just a cosmetic change not a sign opf anything else hope that helped ratings appreciated technical term is scrotal telangectasas

I looked up an image of that and that looks like bunch of dots. Mine are actually some of the larger veins thiroughout scrotum. Also scrotum feels heavy or more full. But the more I think about it the more I feel things. But to touch no pain or lumps. Maybe I inhiyrer it from heavy or awkward lifting bc I noticed them for about 2 weeks now. Possibility it could be something else? I do wear loose boxers so there really is no support. Oh one more note I did have cyatica nerve issue a few years back on my right side and pain comes and goees. I have noticed lately a lot of pain n numbness down my right leg into foot.

they are superficial dilated veins nothing more

Ok is there anything I should do to make them be less dialated? Or just let it be. I guess the heavy feeling and hanging Lowe may be a lot in my head since I been focusing more on it.??

nothing you can do but the supportive briefs, they will change as your activity level lifting does, if they get real bad i have lasered some in a severe cases about 50 veins but you should be ok

Ross
Ross, Urologist