Urology

Have Urology Questions? Ask a Urologist Online.

Ask a Doctor,

I have erectile dysfunction. I. Ve been prescribed Viagra,

I have erectile dysfunction...

I have erectile dysfunction. I

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?

Ve been prescribed Viagra, Levritra and Cialis but neither is very effective. I've spoken with my Urologist about penile vacuums and he said they could be effective but suggested I check with either John Hopkins or Cleveland clinic about which would be most effective. I know there are many ineffective things on the market. Can you suggest good ones?

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I have arthritis and restless leg syndrome and I take iron for my blood.

1/15/2018
Ross
Ross, Urologist

Hello Dr Ross I am a Urologist I will try to help

When the medications are ineffective it says the blood flow to the penis or nerves are affected. There is nothing to correct that so the therapies out there try to bypass that. The vaccumm device can be good in a stable relationship and can be combined with the oral medication that worked the best. It also is a way to get blood in the penis to see what it can be when erect. There is also a medication called MUSE which is a urethral suppository that came out in the 90s but was forgotten due to the orals. There is also injection therapy. These should be available through most community urologist. I spent some time at Cleveland clinic I would go there if all the therapies I mentioned do not work , but no need to unless you are going for an implant only recommended if all else fail. I hope that helped ratings appreciated

Can you please recommend a brand or model?

erectaid if you get it through a urologist it should be paid by insurance if you have the dx of ED

Ross
Ross, Urologist

Osborne the simpler the better about 150 check out there web site

sorry pprice has gone up 250 now

are you on any blood thinners

no

good you will l have to trim some hair to get a good seal at times

thank you

i recommend practicing on your own first to get the flow at may ache the first time

ratings appreciated thank you

Ross
Ross
Ross, Urologist