Urology

Have Urology Questions? Ask a Urologist Online.

Ask a Doctor,

I see foamy urine when I urinate. My urinanalysis test came…

Customer Question
Hi I see foamy urine when...
Hi
I see foamy urine when I urinate. My urinanalysis test came negative. 2 months back RFT was also normal. I have fatty liver Grade 1. Can you please suggest something.
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Urology
1/14/2018
Urologist: Ross, Urologist replied 7 months ago
Ross
Ross, Urologist

Hello Dr Ross Im a urologist. If its foamy all the time more than likely its just concentrated and when it hits the water it foams. With a fatty liver the doctor told you to drink more coffee probably but that will dehydrate you and concentrate the urine. YOU should drink enough water to get your urine clear by 3PM yellow in the morning. the other cause is the sped of urination if you have a real full bladder it comes out with more force and will bubble making foam when it hits the urinal. Since you said the urinalysis was normal the only real medical condition is proteinuria which would have been picked up.. Also sometimes some food can cause more foam due to amino acids in them. My advice is more water do not worry.. rating appreciated thank you.