Urology

Have Urology Questions? Ask a Urologist Online.

Ask a Doctor,

I had a routine check and They founf microscopic blood in…

Customer Question
Hi I had a...

Hi I had a routine check and They founf microscopic blood in urine i had an abdominal ultrasound and an intravagimal ultrasound all clear iam goinh to urologist next week but it worries me that can br something serious i font have pao but i feel little inflation on lower abdomem

Doctor's Assistant: In general, how has your health been lately?

I gain abouy 30 in lasr 2 years and starting menoipausr also had Bp a little high

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I had gallblader removed 23 years ago

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Urology
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/13/2018
Urologist: Dr Josh, Physician replied 4 months ago
Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Physician

Dear customer

This is Dr. Josh. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Dear customer

Thank you for being online.

The microscopic blood in urine you are having is called microscopic hematuria.

The causes of gross and microscopic hematuria are similar and may result from bleeding anywhere along the urinary tract. If the amount of blood is small, the urine can look normal. This is called microscopic hematuria because the blood cells are visible only under a microscope.

Often, blood /microscopic blood in urine is from a problem in your kidneys or other parts of the urinary tract.Its most common causes are:kidney stones and bladder stones,infection of the bladder, kidney, or urethra.Other causes can be blood related disorders or certain medications can also cause this.

Its good that you have already made an appointment with your urologist next week.

Please do not worry.

There does not seem to be anything serious or dangerous & is treated with medications accordingly.

Thank you.

Hope this helped

If you have any further question then you can ask me.

Please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today ,we only get after positive feedback.

Bonus is highly appreciated.

We are here to help you until you satisfy.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Ok
wouldnt they fond anything in the test I did already?
Are u there?
Urologist: Ross, Urologist replied 4 months ago
Ross
Ross, Urologist

hello my name is*****'m a urologist I will try to help you

T​he urologist will check your urine to make sure it is microscopic hematuria not just a positive dip stick or hemoglobinuria. A lot of primary care doctors just do the dip stick. If your urine is positive for 4 or more RBCs the US of the kidneys or a CT urogram will ro stones other kidney sources which are rare. Then he will want to look in your bladder using a small scope the size of a catheter to ro growths, THe chance of this is only increased if you are a smoker. unluckily this workup in necessary but positive rarely

I hoped this helped any other questions

a cystoscopy is like a colonoscopy only way to see the lining is to look in with a scope

ratings for Dr Ross appreciated thank you

Ross
Ross
Ross, Urologist