Urology

Have Urology Questions? Ask a Urologist Online.

Ask a Doctor,

Urology

I am a 65 yo male good health. My 6 yo grandson kicked me in…

Customer Question
I am a 65...

I am a 65 yo male good health. My 6 yo grandson kicked me in the Groin area while "wrestling". I did not feel as if the kick hurt and thought nothing of it. The next day on my penis was a raised area or soft lump in the side. It was about dime size. A bit tender to the touch. No bruising two days later. It is starting to go away. Is it possible it's a herniated area in the tissue below the skin?

Doctor's Assistant: Is the condition chronic, or acute?

Trauma

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Urology
1/13/2018
Urologist: Dr. Mo, Board Certified MD replied 1 month ago
Dr. Mo
Dr. Mo, Board Certified MD

Hi, Dr. Mo here with JA. Please let me review the information and I'll reply shortly.

What you are describing sounds as though you burst a small blood vessel deeper under the skin which then develop into a harder nodule. This is a common occurrence when you get kicked in the groin. If there is no signs of infection or any other concerning issues with the testicles and you're only noticing this harder lump on the penis then I would suspect that it has to do with a blood vessel. This is something that often results on its own.

Dr. Mo
Dr. Mo
Dr. Mo, Board Certified MD