Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Experience:  I am fellowship trained specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.
32613003

Hip replacement 17/12 discharge 19/12: had 6 catheters

Customer Question

Hip replacement 17/12 discharge 19/12: had 6 catheters (2in/out):last one taken out last Sat. and successful pee(200ml) after 2nd set of urge (very painful) Urges make me force the action. This Monday the urge follows with a small amount but if I lay down the flow is constant (up to 400ml) I have developed stomach pain and have not been able to poop other than pass air. I take hydromorphone 1mg and 1 tylonol 650 every 4 hrs for pain. my doctor is away till the 24th and cannot get a referral. Is this process just my bladder relearning the process? I think I have a problem and do need a urologist asap. Richard
JA: Is the condition chronic, or acute?
Customer: what do you mean I have this every 1 1/2 hr and cannot go anywhere without my bottle. This started after the surgery
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I have cholesterol, type 2 diabetes. was just diagnosed with afib and have plaque in my valves (just got a cardiologist)
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. Mo replied 10 months ago.

Hi, Dr. Mo here with JA. Please let me review the information and I'll reply shortly.

Expert:  Dr. Mo replied 10 months ago.

How long have you been on the hydromorphone?

Are you on any other new medications such as over the counter medications?

Expert:  Dr. Mo replied 10 months ago.