Urology

Have Urology Questions? Ask a Urologist Online.

Ask a Doctor,

1. Is it possible to take a SDT test, in particular a

Customer Question
trichomoniasis one, if a patient...
1. Is it possible to take a SDT test, in particular a trichomoniasis one, if a patient has a treatment by metronidazole or any other antibiotics? Will be the results clear enough?
2. Can a trichomoniasis positive patient have an oral intercourse?
3. When should be taken the last trichomoniasis test to ensure the cure?
4. Does the frequency of taking medication depend on the illness type ( chronic, acute, subacute)? If so, what should be taken in case of a chronic disease?
5. What underpants is better to wear in case of male varicocele?
6. What is the most efficient non surgical way of low pelvis venous varices treatment?
7. What way of treatment is the most efficient one in case of male varicocele?
Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Urology
1/9/2018
Urologist: Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor replied 6 months ago
Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor

Hi, this is Dr Phil, here to assist you. I am Board Certified with over 10 years of experience. I will respond with my answer shortly. Thank you.

still need help?

It depends on the antibiotic but if you are on metronidazole or certain antibiotics the test will be negative

Yes

2-3 days or longer after cessation of antibiotics

No

Loose fitting cotton

There is no non surgical treatment.

surgery is the only option but it doesn't need treated in most cases

is this helpful?

What surgical approach is the most effective in varicocele treatment, and why?

Do you mean different types of approaches?

usually it is surgery or embolization

I mean different types of surgery

Honestly my knowledge of the different surgical techniques is not adequate to give you a valid response here

is this helpful?