Urology

Have Urology Questions? Ask a Urologist Online.

Ask a Doctor,

I just moved to AL yesterday, have a UTI, bladder spasms and…

Customer Question
I just moved to...

I just moved to AL yesterday, have a UTI, bladder spasms and bleeding. Is there any Home cure for tonight for spasms!

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?

No doctor, afraid to go to ER, had surgery two weeks ago at Ochsner’s and my incision around my navel is not healed. I’ve taken doxycycline hyclate 100 mg. Taken 2.

Doctor's Assistant: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?

Type two diebetic, bp med plus others. Allergy Epinephrine, panmidt dm, bactrim

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Lung cancer surgery last February, cancer free but take a monthly injection of Lanreotide.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Urology
1/8/2018
Urologist: Dr.M.D.Mazumdar, Doctor replied 7 months ago
Dr.M.D.Mazumdar

Welcome and thank you for your question.

To decrease bladder pain, you can take AZO urinary pain relief tablets - they contain a medicine called Phenazopyridine Hydrochloride which decreases bladder spasms.

You can also take Midol tablets - they are usually taken for menstrual spasms , but are also effective in relieving bladder spasms. They will also decrease inflammation of the bladder wall and decrease the blood in your urine.

Both medicines are available without prescriptions.

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen (rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you.

I have just taken one hydrocodone /acetaminophen 7.5-325 T. Have not taken any of night meds yet.
Can I still take midol

The acetaminophen will help reduce the pain to a considerable extent. Please wait and see for 2 hours.

If the pain continues, please take the AZO.

There are no interactions between the AZO and hydrocodone /acetaminophen 7.5-325 T.

Please do not take the Midol - it also contains acetaminophen .