Urology

Have Urology Questions? Ask a Urologist Online.

Ask a Doctor,

Urology

I hada TURP 2 years ago. On a few occassions including toda…

Customer Question
I hada TURP 2...

I hada TURP 2 years ago. On a few occassions including toda I passed a clot in my urine. Need I have further treatment

Doctor's Assistant: Any pain or burning sensation while urinating? What color is your urine?

No Pain No burning. Urine clear except on maybe 6 occassions only during the past three months. Urine with either clots or small blood content

Doctor's Assistant: In general, how has your health been lately?

I am 72 years old and feel generally good except for pain in my ankles ,

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I had a triple by pass in 2011 an am on atenolol and prexum for controling hypertension

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Urology
1/5/2018
Urologist: Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor replied 1 month ago
Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor

Hi, this is Dr Phil, here to assist you. I am Board Certified with over 10 years of experience. I will respond with my answer shortly. Thank you.

what meds do you take?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Atenolol 50mg Prexum Furosamide and Dispirin

what was your last PSA? and when?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Please no calls. I have submitted my first payment in order to conclude this one question.

no problem

the site automatically offers this

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
PSA 21 just prior to TURP. Attributed to benign enlargement. Biopsy clear

Then the clot is likely just related to enlargement

I would see your doctor but I'm not worried

very unlikely to be cancer

are you a smoker or ex smoker?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Last smoked 30 years ago

how long did you smoke for?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
5 a day for 15 years

Ok you do need to see a urologist for this

you need a scope into the bladder to rule out bladder issues

how are you today?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
There seems to have been an incorrect charge against my credit card account. The original quote for a single question / answer was given as 25 dollars. This is equall to R330 (SA Rands). However a sum of R470 was debitted to my account. At no time did I agree to be party to a monthly account. Kindly cancel all future agreements and refund the difference of R140 asap.

I don't control the cost/fees.

I'm a doctor on the site

did my information help you?

just click send to reply

Dr. Y.
Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist