Urology

Have Urology Questions? Ask a Urologist Online.

Ask a Doctor,

I have been in pain trying to urinate for the last couple…

Customer Question
I have been in...

I have been in pain trying to urinate for the last couple hours with no success. Is there any quick and easy solution?

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?

A couple hours. The pain is very intense when it feels like I should be able to go and then eases off after 10 or 15 seconds

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Nothing really. I am 58 and generally in very good health

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Urology
1/5/2018
Urologist: Dr. Arun Phophalia, Urologist replied 6 months ago

Welcome to Just Answer.
Answers here are for education and information.
I will respond shortly with an answer, or further information request.

Are you a male or female?

Were you able to pass urine at all?

Do you have history or family history of kidney stone?

MaleJust a few dropsNo

Thanks for the additional information. I am writing the answer for you and will get back to you in 4-5 minutes. If you get a phone call request, you may ignore it as that is an automated site trigger. Thank you.

You may try following measures which would help you in passing urine;

1) Heating pad.

2) Pyridium (this is available without prescription).

3) Starting the tap in vicinity while you pass urine (this causes reflex bladder contraction).

You need an ultrasound for the evaluation for your symptoms.

You may need catheterization, if the symptoms persist.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

Was this information helpful to you? I would be glad to answer any further questions.

It is privilege assisting you.

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.

Please consider a positive 5 star rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating.

The rating button is on the left upper side of this thread.

You can continue to ask questions after positive feedback.

Thank you.

Wishing you all the very best in life.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-rate-answer-hl