Urology

Have Urology Questions? Ask a Urologist Online.

Ask a Doctor,

I went to dentist and they defected a small growth in my…

Customer Question
I went to dentist...

I went to dentist and they defected a small growth in my mouth I've had for years as human papilloma where can I have something check if it is cancerous?

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?

None, I didn't know what it was.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Urology
1/4/2018
Urologist: Richard Han, Board Certified MD replied 6 months ago
Richard Han
Richard Han, Board Certified MD

Hello and thank you for your question. My name is***** am a board-certified physician with over 15 years of clinical experience and I am happy to help you. Can you tell me please, is the small growth in your mouth bleeding or painful at all? Has it changed in size, i.e. grown recently?

No it's been the same. Doesn't hurt, no puss, no pain

Thank you for that information. If that's the case, most likely it is benign and cancer free. That being said, you can consult with an ENT (ear nose throat) specialist and/or an oro-maxillo-facial surgeon (OMFS) to have it biopsied and studied under the microscope to definitively rule out cancer.

Can I help with any other questions for you today?

If I've addressed your question and you are satisfied, please accept the answer by leaving a 5 star positive review. Thank you.