Urology

Have Urology Questions? Ask a Urologist Online.

Ask a Doctor,

Penis Irritation: Located on the left side of my corona

Customer Question
(penile glans).Question: Have you ever...
Penis Irritation: Located on the left side of my corona (penile glans).Question: Have you ever seen something like this, lasting as long as this has, and do you have any clue as to what it may be? I feel as if 7 days is too long for something like this to heal.The 25th of December I had protected sex with a woman. She performed oral first (it felt like she might have been scraping her teeth on it). When I put the condom on, i started to feel an uncomfortable sensation on the location I described. It felt like a friction burn. When I took the condom off I ejaculated and the pain went away slightly. The following days I felt discomfort whenever that area would touch my underwear.Because of this i started to apply vaseline, it helped me a bit, however i could still see the irritation. Especially if i have an erection and then it returns flacid. Ive been trying my best to refrain from masturbation, and when I do - i completely avoid the irritated area. I tried applying hydrocortisone but it irritated the spot very badly, it made it look a lot worse so i applied Neosporin and i lost my mind(got much worse, thought i had herpes) I ended up taking a shower to wash it all off and taking a sleeping pill to stop over thinking. In the morning it looked a lot better. Since then I’ve stuck to vaseline and Aloe Vera. However the Aloe Vera that I applied moments before deciding to write this seems to make the irritation sting a little (even though i woke up today with no discomfort). Im waiting for it to dry completely before applying Vaseline and afterwards im not looking at it the for rest of the day.Description of irritation (with links to pictures): appears to be a little inflammed, no itch at all. No ulcers, no discharge anywhere. No other marks or discomfort anywhere except that isolated spot. Pain only when it rubs against my clothing, if I touch it too much, or if I apply certain things on it like i described before.It’s been about a week since i began to feel this and it doesnt seem to be getting any worse at times seems unnoticeable while flaccid at other times seems to be inflamed.The following picture is of the front of my penis. If you zoom in to the right side of this picture, you can see a SLIGHT inflammation(the inflammation is on left side to clear up confusion, the picture just inverted)... you may not think anything of it, but that slight raise is the main discomfort.http://i67.tinypic.com/11t1idz.jpgThe following picture is of the right side of my glans, the normal side.http://i66.tinypic.com/11gu4rc.jpgNow the following pictures are close ups of what I am asking about.http://i65.tinypic.com/9ivkn9.jpg
http://i66.tinypic.com/2u9r1ty.jpg
http://i66.tinypic.com/308cfac.jpgThere is undoubtedly inflammation there though, and I feel as if I can no longer have sex or even recieve oral due to this. I have a dermatology appointment on the 8th of January, so if this doesnt go away i can get it seen by them... but I wanted a professional opinion on this situation from a urologist’s experience and perspective. I’ve gotten tested for Herpes and everything else about 3 months ago, all came out negative.P.s the gloss you see is from the aloe vera
Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Urology
1/4/2018
Urologist: Dr. David, MD replied 3 months ago

Hello, this is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

the skin there looks normal.

I don't see signs of irritation or infection or inflammation.

the head of the penis as you know is a very sensitive place.

her teeth most likely caused some trauma to the area.

everyone heals at their own rate

7 days is not too long to heal

Dr. Y.
Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist