Urology

Have Urology Questions? Ask a Urologist Online.

Ask a Doctor,

Urology

This question is for a Urologist. I had sex with my

Customer Question
Hi, this question is for...
Hi, this question is for a Urologist.I had sex with my girlfriend this morning while she was relatively dry. It hurt a bit but not too bad. Anyway, a few hours after I was done I checked my penis and saw that it had been bleeding (or still was).There were two locations where blood was coming from:1. On the glans (several places where it looked like skin had been ripped off)
2. Just below the glans on the right side. It now looks like a worm or something similar there. Is it a vein?I have attached two pictures. You can't really see the blood here as most of it was wiped off and the glans definitely looks worse in real life compared to the picture. But hopefully it can give you an idea.Glans: https://postimg.org/image/dj8s9ul8z/][img]https://s13.postimg.org/dj8s9ul8z/IMG_2727.jpgSide: https://postimg.org/image/639io259f/][img]https://s13.postimg.org/639io259f/IMG_2728.jpgI am in no pain and I have no trouble urinating etc.My question is, what has happened here and what do I do to have it heal? I am uncircumcised by the way.Thank you for reading.
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Urology
1/4/2018
Urologist: Vakul Aren, Doctor,38 years of experience replied 1 month ago
Vakul Aren
Vakul Aren, Doctor,38 years of experience

Hello,I am Dr. Aren and I shall help with your query.I am reviewing the question and will be with you soon.

These bleeding spots are due to friction burns/abrasions due to sexual intercourse without lubrication.This usually occurs in people who are uncircumscribed ,or those who have diabetes.Vigorous sex can often lead to friction burns/abrasions on the glans and foreskin which may lead to bleeding.These may need about a week of cooling off to heal.JUst use a lubricant like petroleum jelly/vaseline and just air the glans .Antibiotic creams are usually not needed. It would be prudent to stimulate your partner with adequate foreplay before indulging in vigorous sex.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok, so can I continue having sex during this week when it heals, given enough lubrication? And how much should I air my glans daily?

The cooling off meant avoiding sex while the healing occurs so as not to aggravate the injured parts.You ideally need to lay off for about a week or till healing occurs to prevent recurring damage.

Vakul Aren
Vakul Aren