Urology

Have Urology Questions? Ask a Urologist Online.

Ask a Doctor,

I'm a 74 year old male with hypertension. I take Diltiazem…

Customer Question
Hello Dr. I'm a 74 year...
Hello Dr.
I'm a 74 year old male with hypertension. I take Diltiazem 180mg, Carvedilol 25 mg and Lisinopril 40 mg. My blood pressure is well controlled and doesn't fluctuate. I have had elevated PSA for the past 15 years. I had a blood test done and they said my PSA was over 7. It was checked every 6 months and after the first year my UR told me I should have a biopsy. I did and it was negative. I moved from NC to PA went to new UR. Somewhere around 3 years it was at 10. He suggested a biopsy. I had it done. It was negative but did show a high PIN. Followed it every 6 months. After 3 additional years it was up to the low teens. Had a CAT scan showed nothing. Had another biopsy you guessed it negative. Moved to FL after several years and the my PSA was in the high teens. Had special 4K blood test and showed a 70% chance of cancer. Had a MIR and the report indicated a shadow that the radiologist labeled BPH. Talked me into another biopsy and it was negative. I now have a followup appointment on Jan 22. with Free PSA this Friday. Somehow after 15 years of high PSA well over the magic 4 and another negative what should I do. Note all this has been based on my older (5yrs) brother had high PSA and biopsy resulted in one core had a positive. He had the seed implants that he regrets.
Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Urology
1/4/2018
Urologist: Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor replied 6 months ago
Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor

Hi, this is Dr Phil, here to assist you. I am Board Certified with over 10 years of experience. I will respond with my answer shortly. Thank you.

I would DEFINITELY not do another biopsy!

you have had 4 negative biopsies

I was somehow looking for more than what I already know. I that the best you can come up with?

what else do you want to know?

thats all thanks.

are you sure?