Urology

Have Urology Questions? Ask a Urologist Online.

Ask a Doctor,

Urology

What results have you had on injecting Botox for the

Customer Question
What results have you...

What results have you had on injecting Botox for the treatment of OAB?

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?

Yes. I have tried 4 different medicines. Toviaz helps and Dr. has prescribed 2 a day since my OAB has worsened. However, my insurance will not p0ay for 2 a day.

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Urology
1/3/2018
Urologist: Ross, Urologist replied 1 month ago
Ross
Ross, Urologist

Hello Dr Ross I'm a urologist I will try to help

I have injected Botox since it first came out for NDO neurogenic detrusor overactivuty.. Its use for urge incontinence occurred a few years later. It works best if you have true urge incontinence where you wet yourself

if you just have urgency but no wetting not as good it takes about a month to work after injection and last 10 months

straight urgency is helped best by behavior medication cutting back on caffeine drinking more water making sure bowels are good

I hope that helped rating apppreciated

Ross
Ross
Ross, Urologist