Urology

Have Urology Questions? Ask a Urologist Online.

Ask a Doctor,

I have been experiencing burning sensation and sticking pain…

Customer Question
I have been experiencing...

I have been experiencing burning sensation and sticking pain in my right side. I also just realized when I drink any form of alcoholic beverage I feel that he sensation along with the sticking pain and I don't know what it is and I'm very nervous as to what it could be

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with the burning? Are you experiencing any other discomfort?

Few weeks, not too long

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Maybe 3wks

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Urology
1/3/2018
Urologist: Dr. Arun Phophalia, Urologist replied 7 months ago

Welcome to Just Answer.
Answers here are for education and information.
I will respond shortly with an answer, or further information request.

What is your age and gender?

Where is the pain exactly located; on abdomen or chest?

Female. The discomfort is located in the right side up to my ribs

Your symptoms are suggestive of; acid reflux / gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).

Following treatment may help you;

1) antacids; Maalox

2) acid blocker; Prilosec

3) loosing weight, if overweight.

4) avoiding alcohol, citrus fruits and juices, chocolate, and tomato based products

5) avoiding large meals. Eat 5 small meals in a day.

6) wait three hours after the meal before you sleep.

7) elevate head end of the bed by 8 inches.

Following also would be helpful;
Nutrition and supplements;

1) Multivitamin; vitamins A, C, E, the B vitamins, and trace minerals, such as magnesium, calcium, zinc, and selenium.
2) Probiotic supplement
3) Omega 3 fatty acid
4) Avoid; cookies, crackers, cakes, French fries, onion rings, donuts, processed foods, and margarine.

5) Also avoid; white breads, pastas, and especially sugar, red meats,
6) Eat lean meats, cold water fish, tofu, beans, olive oil

Helpful investigations to establish and confirm the diagnosis are;

1) Esophageal manometry; evaluates esophageal motor pattern.
2) Esophagram / Barium swallow
3) Ambulatory esophageal manometry
4) CT scan of the chest.

5) Upper GI endoscopy.

Was this information helpful to you? I would be glad to answer any further questions.

It is privilege assisting you.

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.

That would stomach. My symptoms is more kidney area
I just drink sorrel with run inside of it and my right side and upper back burns. Only to the right

Kidney and stomach are in the same area.

Kidney diseases usually give urinary symptoms with pain.

Any drinks causing symptoms are more likely to be related to stomach.