Urology

Have Urology Questions? Ask a Urologist Online.

Ask a Doctor,

For about 2 and a half days, one of my testicles has felt…

Customer Question
Hello -- for about...

Hello -- for about 2 and a half days, one of my testicles has felt very sore. It is not incredibly painful, mostly just sore to the touch, and I have to be careful when I sit. I am inclined to believe this is because I leaned forward in an awkward way when putting on shoes, but wanted to run it by someone. Should I wait another couple of days to see if the soreness will recede?

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?

For about two days. I mostly notice it either when going from a sitting to a standing position, or putting on socks/shoes/tying shoelaces.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Urology
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/2/2018
Urologist: Dr. Sohaib, Doctor replied 3 months ago
Dr. Sohaib
Dr. Sohaib, Doctor

Hello and thank you for the question.
I am Dr. Sohaib, a practicing Internal Medicine Consultant with over 13 years of experience and I will do my best to help you today.
Let me review your question for a minute and I will get back to you.

Thank you.

How severe is the pain on a scale of 1 to 10?

Is there any fever or burning sensation while passing urine?

no fever or burning sensation. the pain is maybe a 6, but that is only when i touch it directly.

Are you taking any treatment for this?

No, I haven't taken anything for it.

Thank you.

The possibility that this pain is due to trauma to the testes is likely, but the fact that the pain is still there is important and should not be ta***** *****ghtly. Moreover, there might be chances that you are having an infection like orchitis.

I think 48 hours is sufficient time to wait and see if this improves or not.

At this point I suggest you to have this evaluated in terms of a physical exam.

Thank you. What exactly is orchitis?

Orchitis is infective inflammation of testes.

May be you need a urine culture and/or ultrasound of the testes to look for any traumatic signs to them like collection of blood or inflammatory fluid around testes.

Was it helpful?

Good luck and my sincere wished for your good health

Please do not forget to give 5 Star Rating (at the top of screen) to my service as this is the only way I get credit for my time and expertise on your question.
If you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.
Kindest Regards.

Dr. Sohaib
Dr. Sohaib
Dr. Sohaib, Doctor