Urology

Have Urology Questions? Ask a Urologist Online.

Ask a Doctor,

Urology

I’m 66 and have to get up twice during the night to pee. I…

Customer Question
I’m 66 and have to...
I’m 66 and have to get up twice during the night to pee. I have to stop to go frequently when traveling. Seems like I go all day. My dr says psa is good and my prostate size is good for my age. I’ve tried several of the popular prostate formulations. I’ve Had most luck with my own mix of pygeum, saw palmetto, and stinging nettle. I want to stay natural....can you suggest what to take to help? Thanks, Rick
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Urology
12/31/2017
Urologist: Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor replied 1 month ago
Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor

Hi, this is Dr Phil, here to assist you. I am Board Certified with over 10 years of experience. I will respond with my answer shortly. Thank you.

what other meds do you take?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Benicar is the only Rx. I take a lot of natural supps, do you want to know them all?

yes please

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Probiotics
Bioperine
Green tea extracts
Fish oil
Biotin
Milk thistle
Chromium picolinate
Gucosame
Arginine
Citrulline
Vit c
Mesoglycan
5htp
D3
B12
Nac
Tonalin cla
B6
Zinc picolinate
L taurine
Raspberry ketones
CurcuminSometimes garlic and ibuprofen

I think your prostate is the issue

I feel about 5 prostates per day and I can tell you that you can only feel the upper part on exam

it is still probably enlarged

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I knew that. So same question. Does absence of answer to my question mean no answer? As I understand all men my age are some enlarged. My dr says mine is norm. So can you help with my original question?

There is nothing else you can take naturally

I would go with flomax and finasteride my friend

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok then I ask if you weren’t going to help with what I asked why did you make me go thru all the listing of supps. Please refund my $18

How can I tell you if there is anything else you can take if I don't know what you are taking?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Read over the info I gave you and I imagine you will figure it out. I asked for natural beyond what I told ... you then put me thru hoops to tell me Rx drugs. I’m completely disappointed in how you did it. Refund

I try to be thorough in my approach and gather all information

I'm sorry if you prefer a different approach.

please contact customer service for a refund. thanks and happy new year :)

Dr. Y.
Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist