Urology

Have Urology Questions? Ask a Urologist Online.

Ask a Doctor,

My husband is in pain from catheter in recent hospital stay.

Customer Question
My husband is in...

My husband is in pain from catheter in recent hospital stay. Rx is Tamsulosen 0.4mg capsule. Can he take any pain medication (not leaving house)

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?

Urination causes pain. He was at doctor yesterday.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

No. He has never been seriously ill before, first hospital visit in his 80 yr life.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Urology
12/29/2017
Urologist: Dr Uzair, Doctor replied 3 months ago
Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor

Hello, my name is***** and I shall be assisting you today. I'm reviewing your query & will get back to you shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Yes, he can take pain medication for the pain.

The pain is usually due to trauma to the urethra.

He can take Tylenol 2 tablets or Motrin 400 mg thrice a day for this type of pain. He can also take any pain medication that has already been prescribed for him.

He should also drink a lot of water to keep the urine diluted, this will alleviate the burning during urination.

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen (rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!

pleased disregard, my doctor finally called

Okay, let me know if you need any more information.

Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor