Urology

Have Urology Questions? Ask a Urologist Online.

Ask a Doctor,

Need a second opinion. Urologist diagnosed prostitis. Urine…

Hello. Need a second opinion...
Hello. Need a second opinion. Urologist diagnosed prostitis. Urine was clear, prostate normal size, PSA 0.8. No std’s. Etc. been on Bactrim for 6 weeks. Stilll have burning at tip of penis, and perinium. Frequent urination is slowing as is night urination. Down to 2x a night from 4x. Another health care pro said it could be perinium nerve damage? I had started riding a stationary bike for work out and had some large Bowel movements that caused pain. Any thoughts? I am tried of taking an antibiotic and have no other symptoms.
12/22/2017
Ross
Ross, Urologist

H​ello I'm Dr Ross I will try to help

Thanks

Y​ou symptoms are like prostadynia which is swelling of the prostate and perineal painr

But upon my DRE prostate wasn’t swollen?

p​rostatitits is a garbage term we give when not sure of the diagnosisy

Didn’t even hurt when pressed.

s​wolllen I'm meaning swollen in its space so the levator anal muscles around it are tense

pain at the tip of the penis is usally referred from the area of the prostate

Got it. Any thoughts on treatment? I have heard of prostate massage but wouldn’t even know where to go for that.

a​lpha blockers like Flomax, Cardura,hytrin,uroxatrol akk hreklp

Currently on Bactrim. And at night .25 of Xanax.

prostate massage is done in the phillapines, niot recommended here in usa

Yikes. Ok. Lol. Thanks. Will ask doc about alpha blockers.

ironically the Xanax may help the most relaxing your perineal muscles

Oh really. Ok. Thanks for that tip.

do you have hesitancy to void

No. Pretty strong flow. Just a lot.

does it come out immediately or somwe sdelay

Burns right before I go. But once I start. It doesn’t have any pain. Slight pain right after ejaculation in head of penis. Dull
Slight delay sometimes. Sometimes right away

make sure you drink mre water empty rectum happy bladder

caffeine does not help the condition

I don’t drink caffeine or soda.
Does masturbation help or hurt? The slight ache in the penis head right after ejaculaiton is not pain just dull ache for a second.

good luck ratings appreciated,waer helps with the bowels

no guy will tell a guy it hurts, medically it does not

thank you

Lol. I haven’t ejacualted in 3 weeks. Because I didn’t know if it would hurt the prostate more or irritate. Going crazy

will not hurt

Ross
Ross, Urologist
Thanks a lot.

thank you

Off to take care of this 3 week build up. Thanks again. 5 stars.

don't hurt youraelf lol

Lol. It might shoot me in the eye it’s been so long.
I’m kinda scared because it has been so long.

youwill be fine

just stay hydrated

Just don’t want it to aggravate the prostate. If I remember how.
Sorry to bother. Can nerves cause someone to have erection issues. First time it is happening.

yes if to anxious will not help will kill an erection Xanax will delay orgasism

Ok. I woke up with a strong erection. But by the time I urinated I had to leave for work. Will Xanax keep me from finishing.

no may delay it

can be used to treat premature ejaculation

I don’t mean it took me long to urinate. I just had a BM and stuff that slowed me down to leaving

you will be fine

merry xmas

Thank you and you as well. Sorry for all the Questions. Got home from work and going to take a bath and try this out.

ok I'm jealous busy timdefamily around have fun you will be fine

Lol. Any suggestions to make it easier. LOL. You need alone time.
Dr Ross. So I am having trouble ejaculating. Xanax and nerves. Any ideas on what I can do to make this happen?

t​he cure is relax enjoy the holidays

Thanks. Woke up this morning doing it in my sleep so I finished. Caused some quick pain in the head. Then some burning in perinium for about 2 hours. Now fine. Thanks again.
Ross
Ross
Ross, Urologist