Urology

Have Urology Questions? Ask a Urologist Online.

Ask a Doctor,

I has a ureter sling placed 9 days ago, this is the 2nd and…

Customer Question
I has a ureter sling...
I has a ureter sling placed 9 days ago, this is the 2nd and the first was placed about 8 years ago. Still having pain in the vaginal area when sitting, bending over, etc. I felt down there this morning to see if there was a stitch or something causing the pain, and felt a large bulge inside the vagina. Is this normal to have a bulge after surgery?
Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Urology
12/22/2017
Urologist: Dr. David, MD replied 6 months ago

Hello, this is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

you should see a gyn doctor and get a pelvic ultrasound

that large bulge could be scar tissue or a hernia from weakness in your pelvic area from prior child birth or prior sling surgery

a pelvic ultrasound can tell for sure

pain would not be normal.