Urology

Have Urology Questions? Ask a Urologist Online.

Ask a Doctor,

Urology

On november 26 i recieved oral sex from a sex worker. the…

Customer Question
hello, on november 26 i...
hello, on november 26 i recieved oral sex from a sex worker. the event lasted for about 5 minutes. about a week later i started checking my genitals as often as i could and spreading my meatus open with my fingers. i started feeling a slight burning sensation when i peed and started to check even more. i work in construction and my hands are always dirty and sometimes black with grease or oils. i took an std test 2 weeks after possible exposure and they all came back negative except for hsv1 which i kind of suspected since ive had cold sores since i was a kid. i didnt test for trich because ive heard that there hasnt been any cases from oral sex when a male is recieveing. ive used neosporin at the beginninh, didnt work. then lotrimin ultra (jock itch) didnt work, now im using lotrimin af, i clean it 2x a day with alcohol and take antivirals prescribed from the positive test i received (acyclovir) and its still irritated so i doubt its herpes. i went the mexican route too and am currently taking pentrexyl 500mg and it seems its making it a little better. ever since, ive felt pressure on the base of my penis. i feel it inside though. idk what to do anymore. i dont know if there are other stds i could have gotten that show those symptoms as well. i want my old peepee back
Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Urology
12/20/2017
Urologist: Dr. D. Love, Doctor replied 2 months ago
Dr. D. Love, Doctor

Hello from JustAnswer. This is Dr. Love.

Have you had a prostate exam to check for prostatitis?

no. this happened after i started constantly checking myself.. my meatus has been really irritated as well.. it was really swollen a couple days ago which was when i started to take the pentrexyl and its much better now.. but id like to know whats wrong with me
the corona is a little swollen too.. with almost microscopic red dots on the corona

From your description, the most likely cause would be some local irritation or inflammation, but it is appropriate to exclude infections that could be causing symptoms. If the Pentrexyl is helping, then that would raise a question of whether there is a prostate infection. The Pentrexyl is not great for prostate infections, in that it does not cover all the germs that can affect the prostate, but there are some germs that the Pentrexyl will cover.

Several of the STD germs can affect the prostate, but there are also many other germs that are not sexually transmitted that can affect the prostate, so a negative STD test does not exclude prostatitis. If the Pentrexyl clears up the symptoms, it would most likely be because of clearly a germ i the prostate.

From the perspective of irritation/inflammation, it would be reasonable to avoid applying any topical medicines for a while. The area should be cleaned regularly with plain soap and water. You should try to avoid contacting the tip of the penis with dirty hands while at work. If contact with the penis is necessary, such as for urination, and the hands cannot be completely cleaned, then try to limit contact with the base and mid-shaft of the penis. If these interventions are not sufficient, then a short course of topical steroids can be considered, such as hydrocortisone cream.

If I can provide any additional information, please let me know.

this doesnt sound like an std? and if not, is it safe to resume sexual activity?

No. It does not sound like an STD. It is safe to resume sexual activity.

Is there any further information that would be helpful?

Dr. D. Love, Doctor