Urology

Have Urology Questions? Ask a Urologist Online.

Ask a Doctor,

I have been having frequent urination for months. Doctor…

Customer Question
Hello,I have been having frequent...
Hello,I have been having frequent urination for months. Doctor originally did a cystoscopy and found nothing. Did a prostate exam, thought it felt boggy and diagnosed Prostatitis.After 2 months of no improvement, I went to another urologist and had Urodynamics done. He thinks he found a possible urethral stricture. He no longer thinks I have Prostatitis, being that I have no bacteria and prostate feels rather normal.Is it possible for my original doctor to have completely missed a urethral stricture? The original doctor did the cystoscopy rather quickly (took less than 2 minutes), and took very poor notes. Wondering if he "pushed right past it?"
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Urology
Answered in 1 hour by:
12/20/2017
Urologist: Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor replied 7 months ago
Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor

Hi, this is Dr Phil, here to assist you. I am Board Certified with over 10 years of experience. I will respond with my answer shortly. Thank you.

How old are you?

any other medical issues?

32. No sir. Only symptom has been frequent urination. Very infrequent perennial and bladder pain, but so infrequent and small that it’s mainly just from me holding it

It could also be a bladder issue

what are your symptoms?

Just those. Just basically wanting to know if it is possible for a urologist to miss a urethral stricture on a cystoscopy (as per my first question). I feel as if the cystoscopy was rather rushed and poorly documented. My new urologist found a stricture on a Urodynamics X-ray but he is not sure if that was there before or if it is the result of my prior cystoscopy. Could the stricture have been missed, or pushed through without noticing, on the original cystoscopy?
Sorry about the late reply. I was offline. Yes absolutely. A poorly done procedure can miss this. I hope this helps. Please don't forget a 5 star rating. I appreciate it. If you have any other questions just reply.
thanks for this question.I strive for 5 star service for all customers.If you have more questions, just reply. :)