Urology

Have Urology Questions? Ask a Urologist Online.

Ask a Doctor,

Are there effects on the body from having a GFR below 50 for…

Customer Question
Are there effects on...

Are there effects on the body from having a GFR below 50 for several years?

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?

I have seen my own doctor and she doesn't seem concerned. I am taking meds for high blood pressure

Doctor's Assistant: In general, how has your health been lately?

It has been pretty good. I was taking one medicine for a month and my GFR went down to 26. I felt tired all the time and sluggish. After a month off that prescription, it is up to 41 now. I feel better. I exercise regularly and try to eat a balanced diet.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I have had some trouble in the past with fluid in my lungs and swelling in my feet and legs. Otherwise, i am healthy and active.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Urology
12/20/2017
Urologist: Dr. Pravin, Physician replied 6 months ago
Dr. Pravin
Dr. Pravin, Physician

Hello

Welcome and Thank you for your query posted.

My name is***** and being a Medicine specialist I would be able to provide you with an appropriate solution to your concern.

Please note that my Goal is to provide you with an Excellent Service .

Before I answer your question I would like to get some more information:

What medicine were you taking that reduced your GFR ?

Please note that the answer provided is for information purpose only and does not substitute a Doctor - Patient Consultation in Clinic