Urology

Have Urology Questions? Ask a Urologist Online.

Ask a Doctor,

After TURP, I have not been able to sustain an erection,and…

Customer Question
After TURP, I have...

After TURP, I have not been able to sustain an erection,and no semen is passed at ejaculation. What can be done about this?

Doctor's Assistant: Any pain or burning sensation while urinating? What color is your urine?

No real problem with urinating, except frequency. It is the lack of sex that I wish to correct.

Doctor's Assistant: Is this your first time reaching out for information about this? In general, how would you describe your overall health?

Fairly good, for my age (80). I have moderate hypertension, but that's about it.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

No. The TURP followed problems urinating after a minor (gall bladder) surgery. That was 15 years ago, and while sex was painful it was possible for a few years. Then it became impossible to attain and keep an erection.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Urology
12/19/2017
Urologist: Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor replied 7 months ago
Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor

Hi, this is Dr Phil, here to assist you. I am Board Certified with over 10 years of experience. I will respond with my answer shortly. Thank you.

still need help?

just click send to reply