Urology

Have Urology Questions? Ask a Urologist Online.

Ask a Doctor,

I was just diagnosed with Bio Chemical recurrence with a .3…

Customer Question
I was just diagnosed...

I was just diagnosed with Bio Chemical recurrence with a .3 PSA test. I have an appointment in a week, but was concerned about the course of treatment. In addition for about 4.5 months now I have had pain in my leg and numbness in my feet. Initially thought it was from playing Pickleball, but am concerned now

Doctor's Assistant: What seems to make the symptoms worse or better? Any redness or swelling in the leg?

No, swelling or redness. It was first thought to be the periformis (sp), but there has been no improvement

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Urology
12/15/2017
Urologist: Dr. David, MD replied 7 months ago

Hello, this is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

sorry about your PSA recurrence.

how old are you?

when did you have your prostate gland removed?

what was your gleason score of your prostate cancer.

with this PSA recurrence, most likely your pain and numbness in your feet is not due to prostate cancer spread.

you could have a pinched nerve in your lower back causing these symptoms.

64, 2009, 7

I see.

you have options for radiation therapy to the prostate bed to help kill prostate cancer cells in your prostate bed

this has a 60-70% chance of getting your PSA levels back down to zero.

you should consult with a radiation oncology doctor to talk about radiation therapy to your prostate bed.

Let me know if you have other questions.
If done for now, please leave Positive Rating of 5 Stars so I can get credit for helping you today.
We only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback. (You may have to scroll up or down to see the ratings area)
You can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questions.
Here is my website if you need to reach me:
http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/
Thanks for using JustAnswers.com

I would give Dr David an excellent review with him not having all the info. He put me at ease regarding some health questions

thank you for that.

do you see the ratings area? where you can leave 5 star rating?

you may have to scroll up or down to see the ratings area.