Urology

Have Urology Questions? Ask a Urologist Online.

Ask a Doctor,

For a gent, 77, what might a toilet water, covered in

Customer Question
For a gent, 77...

For a gent, 77, what might a toilet water, covered in bubbles, after peeing, suggest?

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?

Have seen a bad P A, and a doc, a week later. Another appointment, tomorrow, & will mention the pee bubbles. What does 'protein' in my last urine sample mean?

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I take Tylenol & diclophenac for my spinal arthritis. (ankylosing spondylitis), and puff a bit of pot, 2-3 times a week.

Doctor's Assistant: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?

I just told you my daily meds: Tylenol & diclophenac. Not allergic to any drugs, that I know about. The P A mentioned finding 'protein' in my

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Urology
12/14/2017
Urologist: Dr. Sohaib, Doctor replied 8 months ago
Dr. Sohaib
Dr. Sohaib, Doctor

Hello and thank you for the question.
I am Dr. Sohaib, a practicing Internal Medicine Consultant with over 13 years of experience and I will do my best to help you today.
Let me review your question for a minute and I will get back to you.

This is called FROTHY URINE; which means there are proteins in urine.

Protein in urine means there is problem in the kidneys, as the kidneys (when the filter the blood) do not leak proteins from blood in to the urine. They remove only wastes and water.

When the proteins start to appear in urine, means a kidney injury

In your case the likely reason is chronic use of analgesics like diclofenac. but other reasons should also be investigated like glomerulonephritis.

You should have this evaluated by a Nephrologist (kidney physician) to have further evaluation done in terms of clinical exam and tests. There are variety of tests to find out the exact cause for the injury to kidneys, and once a specific underlying cause is found, a specific treatment plan can be chalked out.

Was it helpful?