Urology

Have Urology Questions? Ask a Urologist Online.

Ask a Doctor,

Im having a kidney stone removed and a new stent put in but…

Customer Question
hi im having a kidney...
hi im having a kidney stone removed and a new stent put in but i just found out that i have an enlarged heart so i was told that you cant use general anasthsia is this correct and should they be sending me to a cadioligist before any surgery
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Urology
Answered in 1 hour by:
12/11/2017
Urologist: Dr. Scott, Doctor replied 8 months ago
Dr. Scott, Doctor

Hi there,
I am Dr. Scott - it is my pleasure to assist you today.
Please give me a minute to review your question and type up an answer.
Please note that the answer provided is for information purpose only and does not substitute a Doctor - Patient Consultation in Clinic

Sorry to hear about your current situation.

What is your specific question that I can help you with today?

im scheduled for surgery to remove a kidney stone in 2 days and also put a new stent and i cant even sleep i felt like i was having shortness of breath so i went to urgent care she took an xray and now it show i have an enlarged heart but the ekg are ok so now will i see a cardiologist and can they still use anastesha for the operation

You can have an enlarged heart that functions completely normal. I understand your concerns. You will need to get an echocardiogram to determine the function.

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen (rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!

the ekg was normal
can you use general anashesia with a enlarged heart
you can
ekg was normal could she have made a mistake also my mouth is so dry and i cant eat or drink on tuesday after midnight for 13 hrs how do i try to get my toungue dyhdrated now
I see you have another question open about the same issue. If you want to close this question, you can send 5 stars and I can respond to the other question about being dehydrated
but do i have to pay again
No you already have the question open
it says when finished rate
Are you on a fluid restriction now?
no not until the day of surgery wed for 13 hrs but my toungue is dry so i dont know what to do
You should drink water or gatorade
Do you have additional questions?

I hope you received my previous answer