Urology

Have Urology Questions? Ask a Urologist Online.

Ask a Doctor,

I have a swollen right testicle without pain and the sack…

Customer Question
I have a swollen...

I have a swollen right testicle without pain and the sack feels like it is full of fluid. There is no pain. I am an older (85) (15 to 25 mile rides) very active biker and have been having difficulty with the bike seat in getting into comfortable position. I lube the area with vasoline to help. I have been trying different seats without any success. It is quite enlarged.

Doctor's Assistant: Any recent injuries? How long have you been dealing with the swelling?

No injuries, several months or more, I had prostate cancer surgery 18 or 19 years ago.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I have stents and have had them for ten to twenty years, recently checked and all are good. Have had some issues with swelling (water) in legs. Believed to be because I had been using Lyrica. Quit using it and much of the swelling went down. I have Ulnar nerve damage from an injury in surgery for siattica (spelling) and neuropathy (spelling) in toes. I am on constant pain killers for those two things. I know this sounds like a lot but really I am very active physically and healthy.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Urology
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/8/2017
Urologist: Dr Josh, Physician replied 4 months ago
Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Physician

Dear customer

This is Dr. Josh. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Dear customer

Thank you for being online.

The symptoms you have described of having swollen right testicle without pain & the feeling that sac is full of fluid is most likely suggestive of a condition called hydrocele. It is a collection of fluid in a sac in the scrotum next to a testis. It usually occurs on one side.

The cause is not known in most cases.Any process that acts to stimulate increased production of serous fluid or decreases the resorption of this fluid results in the formation of a hydrocele.

You need following tests:

-Physical examination
-Transillumination test
-Ultrasound of testicle
-Duplex sonography
-Blood tests
-Urine examination

Hydroceles typically go away within few months.A hydrocele requires treatment only if it gets large enough to cause discomfort or disfigurement. If you have this hydrocele since more then 6 months & this is cauing you major discomfort-then treatment is required.

There are two methods of treatment: aspiration and hydrocelectomy (surgery).

So my best advise for you is to please make an appointment with your doctor to have the tests & examination done so as to confirm the exact underlying cause & then treatment will be done accordingly.

Thank you.

Hope this helped

If you have any further question then you can ask me.

Please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today ,we only get after positive feedback.

Bonus is highly appreciated.

We are here to help you until you satisfy.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Dear customer

Do you have any other follow up question?

Waiting for your reply…

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Dear customer

I am still waiting for your reply.

If you have any questions,please let me know..I am happy to address your follow-up questions.

I am online & I am waiting for your reply.

Please do reply.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Just checking in to see how things are going.

Do you need further assistance regarding your swollen right testicle?

Is there anything else that you would like to know?

I am online & is waiting for your reply.

Please do reply.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Dear customer

I have seen that you have not rated my answer so far.Please leave positive rating above the chat box. However if you still have any questions,please let me know..I am happy to address your follow-up questions.Please do not forget to leave positive rating (3 or more stars).

Thank you.

God bless you & take care.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Please see the attached picture.

Dr Josh
Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Physician