Urology

Have Urology Questions? Ask a Urologist Online.

Ask a Doctor,

I have a painful aching sensation in my penis area, i also…

Customer Question
I have a painful aching...
I have a painful aching sensation in my penis area, i also have dribbling after urination, cannot get an erection. I took a urine culture. Please help
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Urology
12/7/2017
Urologist: DrRussMd, Board certified internist replied 7 months ago
DrRussMd
DrRussMd, Board certified internist

Hi.
Welcome to just answer. I am here to answer questions for education and information. I will respond shortly with an answer, or a question for you

I understand the situation you described. We do not provide diagnosis or treatment.

What I see in your attachment is a no growth urine culture.

OK, so, what is your specific question about your situation

i have a burning sensation in the prostate ad well, would like to know if it's prostatitis or bph?

It is more likely prostatitis.

BPH does not typically cause this pain.

In addition, it is not likely BPH at age 32.

Exam is needed for exact diagnosis, but prostatitis is likely once STDs and bladder infection are ruled out.

An internist or urologist would be the best doctor choices at this point.

OK, let me know if you have more questions.

Also, please click a positive rating on the rating scale. [This must be done manually at the top of the page]. In fact, a 5 rating squares me with JustAnswer and allows me to provide prompt and accurate service to you, but does not increase your cost. And, I will be here for any follow up needed.

Can someone be born with this infection, because i have never had been able to get an erection

No.

You would not be born with this infection.

You do not have to have sex to get prostatitis.

And you need to find out why you can not get erections, there are many underlying causes.

Please do click a 5 rating on the scale and then I don't have to worry ab out my credit with just answer, and I am here for any follow up question as well. Thanks.