Urology

Have Urology Questions? Ask a Urologist Online.

Ask a Doctor,

My partner has a disfuntion problem. He has diabeties and…

Customer Question
My partner has a sexual...
My partner has a sexual disfuntion problem. He has diabeties and high blood pressure. We've tried viagra but he seems to be getting worse. We have ways of satisfing me but he doesnt get to enjoy everything. I love this man how can I help him?
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Urology
Worse still he get no pleasure at all. I can even seem to get him to orgasm by masterbating him and oral sex. We need help and viagra does nothing.What can we do?
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
12/7/2017
Urologist: Muneeb Ali, Emergency Medicine replied 8 months ago
Muneeb Ali
Muneeb Ali, Emergency Medicine

Welcome to JA and thanks for this question. Im sorry to hear about your partner. Since he has diabetes and high blood pressure, it is likely to have caused damage to the blood vessels or the nerves which are responsible for maintaining an erection and also for causing an orgasm. Now this is a common problem in patients who have had diabetes and high blood pressure for several years. Now viagra can help in these circumstances however when that fails there are STILL a number of options which can be tried to rectify the situation, you can try any of the following,

OTC supplements - You can try using any of the following supplements which an be helpful AFTER you discuss them with his doctor

Ginseng

L-arginine

Propionyl L carnitine

DHEA

Medications - If viagra has failed there are others like,

Cialis

Stendra

Levitra

Injections - Injections of prostaglandins directly into the penis an help achieve an erection where the options have failed

• Alprostadil self-injection. With this method, you use a fine needle to inject alprostadil (Caverject Impulse, Edex) into the base or side of your penis. In some cases, medications generally used for other conditions are used for penile injections on their own or in combination. Examples include papaverine, alprostadil and phentolamine. Often these combination medications are known as bimix (if two medications are included) or trimix (if three are included).
  • Alprostadil urethral suppository. Alprostadil intraurethral (Muse) therapy involves placing a tiny alprostadil suppository inside your penis in the penile urethra. You use a special applicator to insert the suppository into your penile urethra. The erection usually starts within 10 minutes and, when effective, lasts between 30 and 60 minutes

Testosterone replacement. Some men have erectile dysfunction that might be complicated by low levels of the hormone testosterone. In this case, testosterone replacement therapy might be recommended as the first step or given in combination with other therapies.

Penis pumps. A penis pump (vacuum erection device) is a hollow tube with a hand-powered or battery-powered pump. The tube is placed over the penis, and then the pump is used to suck out the air inside the tube. This creates a vacuum that pulls blood into the penis. This is a good option in patients where the above have failed

Penile implants. This treatment involves surgically placing devices into both sides of the penis. These implants consist of either inflatable or malleable (bendable) rods. Inflatable devices allow him to control when and how long he has an erection. The malleable rods keep the penis firm but bendable.

SO as you can see there are several options even if the viagra has failed and you can discuss these with his urologist.

Do you have any more questions?

Please leave a POSITIVE rating by clicking on the stars above, until you do i am not compensated for my time. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the POSITIVE rating. You can also ask questions from me directly by going on the link below,

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-muneeb-ali/

Would you like to know anything else? Any clarifications or additional questions that you might have, i would be happy to answer them for you. If done for now, please remember to leave a positive rating as that is the only way we are compensated for our time spent helping you. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the rating.