Urology

Have Urology Questions? Ask a Urologist Online.

Ask a Doctor,

For a week to two after finishing the course of bactrim, I…

Customer Question
For a week to two...
For a week to two after finishing the course of bactrim, I felt great. I was taking the cranberry extract 500mg 3x per day, and supplementing with raw garlic 2 cloves 2x per day, and saw palmetto once per day. Ran out of cranberry, so just garlic, but have increased my distance running and sexual activity. Now my lower back is increasingly sore, and I don't feel any prostate issues, but I have started to feel a tingling or twinge in my groin area. This happens infrequently. Don't have sensation to go all the time. Nor discomfort when sitting or running. But after sex, felt a tiny bit of tingling in penis/urethra...but has gone away. Now only when I feel need to pee, it seems to take me awhile. I'm sitting, feel need to go, get up to go, but end up standing there for a bit. Urine is still clear to tint yellow, but this has me wondering. Is all this related to my lower back? Do I still have infection of sorts? I went for a couple weeks there with minimal running and felt great, no lower back issues. Now it's all day long and when I wake. And seems like having sex has irritated me again? Left wondering...hope you can help me figure this out. Thanks, David
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Urology
Answered in 1 hour by:
12/5/2017
Urologist: Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor replied 7 months ago
Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor

Hi, this is Dr Phil, here to assist you. I am Board Certified with over 10 years of experience. I will respond with my answer shortly. Thank you.

still need help?

No thanks. Just got a response from Dr. Chip. I appreciate it though.
Urologist: Dr. Chip, General Practice replied 7 months ago
Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, General Practice

We'll talk later if you need to

Sounds good. Thanks Dr. Chip

ok