Urology

Have Urology Questions? Ask a Urologist Online.

Ask a Doctor,

I'm looking to get advice from a urologist.The last day or…

Customer Question
I'm looking to get...

I'm looking to get advice from a urologist.The last day or so I noticed a some mild tingling on my penis. When I looked closer today, there's a little bump right on the inside of my urethra. It's not very large, maybe the size of a pencil point and similar to a pimple. It's not leaking any fluid and it doesn't burn when I pee, any idea what it could be?

Doctor's Assistant: Is the condition chronic, or acute?

I have no idea what it is

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I don't think so, mainly curious if this is an STD

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Urology
12/3/2017
Urologist: Ross, Urologist replied 7 months ago
Ross
Ross, Urologist

hello Dr Ross Im a urologist I will try to help

Hi Dr Ross - did you receive the photo I uploaded?

not yet

is the pimple fluid filled or clear in nature

It looks filled, and a bit more of a darker color
its also worth noting that i did engage in a bit of sexual activity about 40 hours ago. It was not intercourse, but saliva was used as a lubricant briefly on my penis

std unlikely in the urethra more than likely a telangestia, o blood vessel

i see, so should i just keep an eye on it? do you recommend seeing a urologist or a dermatologist in person?
also, did you see the picture? i cant tell if it uploaded

that a little to quick for an STD and as i said rare in the urethra, that is usually inflammation discharge not an inflammatory vesicle

no upload yet, just keep an eye on it if its a blood vessel it will stay there might decrease in size

dont irritate it squeeze it or pick at it or you will get an infection

you picture must be in the cloud

ok let me try to reupload, itd really like you to take a look just to confirm

agains it too acute for std related to saliva

ok sure

ok thats great
we'll give it a couple of minutes, let me know when you get it. i just reploaded

ok

so how old are you

26

trying to remember that age lol

haha its a good age!
how does something like this typically occur? is it just from rough friction that pops a blood vessel?
also, am i still ok for intercourse?

yes you are ok its just a broken vessel

just stay away from woman last name bobitt

haha thats good advice. and how exactly does it originate in the first place? rough friction?

hope i helped you will be ok, yes dry vagina open urethra abrades tissue

so rough friction

thanks dr ross!

your welcome rating appreciated thank you

sorry real quick - just to clarify. i said in my original note that it was IN the urethra. Its sort of like in it, but sort of like right outside, does that change anything?
like right on the edge kind of, does that make sense? i just want to make sure that doesnt change your answer at all

no that is the most common area for friction trauma stretching tissue

got it, ok thanks again!

if it breaks open rare but i have seen it they bleed alot

i would not worry about it if it does just put pressure on it it will stop

sorry i didnt see pic but i think i can picture it from other cases i have seen

you will be fine ratings please if that helped

rating appreciated for my time if i helped thank you