Urology

Have Urology Questions? Ask a Urologist Online.

Ask a Doctor,

Lately my urine has been cloudy almost orange in color with…

Customer Question
Lately my urine has...

Lately my urine has been cloudy almost orange in color with a strong ammonia smell. Although I don’t have yellowing of the eyes or skin I have had itchy skin on and off for a few years now as well as forgetting things lately do you think I have liver damage? Also is there anything I can do ?

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with this? Does anything in particular seem to make the itch better or worse?

I take hydroxyzine when the I Ching happens which is usually once a week but this week I noticed the urine problem I have been forgetting things a lot lately but I figured it was because I run a business and have a lot on my mind but after seeing these symptoms I’m a little worried

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

No not really.. I did take diet pills for a few years and thermogenics

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Urology
12/2/2017
Urologist: Dr. Arun Phophalia, Urologist replied 4 months ago

Welcome to Just Answer.
Answers here are for education and information.
I will respond shortly with an answer, or further information request.

What is your age and gender?

Were any investigations done?

Do you have liver damage due to alcohol?

I’m female just turned 40, I had a liver test done 3 years ago and it was fine. I don’t drink alcohol. Work out daily and otherwise in good health.

Thanks for the additional information. I am writing the answer for you and will get back to you in 4-5 minutes. If you get a phone call request, you may ignore it as that is an automated site trigger. Thank you.

There are various causes for cloudy urine;

1) a physiological or harmless cause; an excess of phosphate crystals in the urine from a large meal. This can be tested at home by taking a sample of the urine and drop in a few drops of white vinegar and the urine will clear immediately. This is not to be worried.

2) Infection; can also cause cloudy urine due to the pus. This can be from a urinary tract infection (kidney, bladder, urethra infection or prostate infection in males), or a STD.

3) Cloudiness; can come from protein (albumin) in the urine.

The only way to determine would be to consult with your doctor for a urine test. Following measures would be helpful;

1) Drinking plenty of fluids and water

2) Cranberry extract capsule.

3) Avoiding alcohol drinks and caffeine drinks

You may need a course of antibiotics if the symptoms persist or aggravate.

A microscopic blood cells with the tiny particles can give orange appearance.

This too is likely due to urinary infection.

" I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen ( rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!”.

Was this information helpful to you? I would be glad to answer any further questions.

It is privilege assisting you.

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.

Please consider a positive 5 star rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating.

The rating button is on the left upper side of this thread.

You can continue to ask questions after positive feedback.

Thank you.

Wishing you all the very best in life.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-rate-answer-hl

Dr. Arun Phophalia, Urologist