Urology

Have Urology Questions? Ask a Urologist Online.

Ask a Doctor,

I am a 33yo female. I am having an issue urinating. I’ve…

Customer Question
I am a 33yo female...
I am a 33yo female. I am having an issue urinating. I’ve noticed that during a bowel movement I will have the urge to pee but I can’t. The urge is there but no amount of pushing or relaxing will allow me to pee. It is only during a bm that this happens. If I wait about 5-10 mins after a bm then I can go freely. Is this something I should be concerned about?
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Urology
11/28/2017
Urologist: Urodoc, Doctor replied 7 months ago
Urodoc
Urodoc, Doctor

Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you. I am a board-certified consultant with over 30 years of experience. I’m reviewing your question and reply you soon

Please provide more information regarding your question so I can help you in detail.

Associated lower abdominal pain?

Lower back pain?

Are you taking any medications?

Since how long have you been suffering from?
Waiting for your response.
Thanks

I’m not really having any pain other than the discomfort of having the urge to pee and not being able to. I am not on any current medications. This has been going on for about 3 months.

Sorry for late reply and inconvenience.

Thanks for all these additional information.

I understand your concern.

Well as you describe, if you don't have any other symptoms so it's considered normal.

Large amounts of stool in the colon can put pressure on the bladder which can cause the bladder to contract when the bladder is not supposed to contract. This large amount of stool can also cause the bladder to not empty well and increase urge for urination.

You should do Kegel exercises.

And if you have hard stools/ constipation then you should take fiber-rich diet.

Let me know if you have any further query so we can discuss it thoroughly in every aspect.

Please use the REPLY/SEND BUTTON to reply back to me. It’s requested to avoid poor/bad rating.

Please provide a positive rating by clicking on 5 stars.

It’s my pleasure to continue this conversation until you satisfy.

Waiting for your response.

Thanks.

It’s my privilege to help you if you have any further query regarding your this health issue.
May I help you further?
Waiting for your response.