Urology

Have Urology Questions? Ask a Urologist Online.

Ask a Doctor,

I have a problem. I'm 87 yrs old and I can't wake up with an…

Customer Question
Second opinion] I have...

Second opinion] I have a problem. I'm 87 yrs old and I can't wake up with an erection anymore. Why?

Doctor's Assistant: Any pain or burning sensation while urinating? What color is your urine?

A little yellow but. I do urinate quite often

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I did have prostrate cancer 8 years ago. It was treated by radiation

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Urology
Answered in 1 hour by:
11/27/2017
Urologist: Dr. Arun Phophalia, Urologist replied 4 months ago

Welcome to Just Answer.
Answers here are for education and information.
I will respond shortly with an answer, or further information request.

You may get the following investigations done (if not already performed);

1) All hormones; thyroid, prolactin, testosterone, adrenal functions.

2) Autonomic nervous system testing;

Penile thermal sensory testing

3) Somatic nervous system testing;

Penile glans biothesiometry

Bulbocavernosus reflex latency test

4) Penile magnetic resonance imaging (MRI)

5) Penile angiography

6) Duplex ultrasonography

7) Combined intracavernous injection and stimulation

The treatment would entail;

1) Selective PDE5 inhibitors are safe and effective (sildenafil, vardenafil, and tadalafi So this is not only the first line but one of the best. The other things which can help are;

2) Vacuum Devices for Inducing Erection

3) Intraurethral Therapies

4) Intracavernosal Injection of Vasoactive Agents; people can be taught to give the injection.

If above fail, penile prosthesis surgery can be tried, which has satisfactory results.

" I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen ( rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!”.

Was this information helpful to you? I would be glad to answer any further questions.

It is privilege assisting you.

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.

Please consider a positive 5 star rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating.

The rating button is on the left upper side of this thread.

You can continue to ask questions after positive feedback.

Thank you.

Wishing you all the very best in life.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-rate-answer-hl

I appreciate your honest answers. I think your last recommendation is to see a Urologist. Thank you.

Yes, you should see a urologist.

This is a treatable issue.

As a subscription customer you are not charged extra for providing a positive rating.

Just Answer is based on honor system. Experts are paid for time and expertise only when a positive rating is received.

Best wishes,

It was my pleasure to help you.
If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).
Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable authentic answers!
This is the link to my profile:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-drarunphophalia/

Stay blessed.

Dr. Arun Phophalia, Urologist