Urology

Have Urology Questions? Ask a Urologist Online.

Ask a Doctor,

I have a Aunt that has the chirrios of the liver. She used…

Customer Question
I have a Aunt that...
I have a Aunt that has the chirrios of the liver. She used to be a bad alcoholic years ago and now over the past couple of years she started drinking again. She's in her 70's. The doctor's cannot figure out why she seems to be in a brain fog because her blood work seems to be showing normal.
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Urology
11/25/2017
Urologist: Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor replied 7 months ago
Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor

Hi, this is Dr Phil, here to assist you. I am Board Certified with over 10 years of experience. I will respond with my answer shortly. Thank you.

Did they check her ammonia level?

the b-vitamin but from what I am told the blood work is checking out. But she doesn't seem to be thinking straight.

what was the ammonia level?

what meds is she on?

I don't know the medicine she is on but do you think it could be a side effect?

Absolutely

that is the most likely cause

especially if she is taking a benzo like xanax or something for sleep like ambien

see if you can find out the list

I will see if i can find out the meds she is on and we can check the side effects. When i find out, i can let you know.

ok get back to me