Urology

Have Urology Questions? Ask a Urologist Online.

Ask a Doctor,

Dr I'm dumbfounded. I don't know what these cab be. I have a…

Customer Question
Dr I'm dumbfounded. I don't...
Dr I'm dumbfounded. I don't know what these cab be. I have a dull pain in my penis head, where my urethra is, that goes in and out since last April. It's more prominent after ejaculation and my penis head was a little red and irritated. I also feel like pee is stuck in my urethra when I lay down. Also I wouldn't call it a discharge but after ejacukaton, peeing and popping, semen looks it comes to the tip, I dab it with toilet paper. Was tested for herpes , all heps, hiv, gonn, chlaym, trich all negative. Was tested for mycoplasma and ureoplasms in urine was negative. Had my prostate looked at with ultrasound, not abnormal. Bladder was also fine. Urinanlysis done, nothing abnormal. Only thing, was specific gravity was less than or equal to 1.005. I was prescribed doxy and flagyl before my ngu test. I been to three different urologists. The flagyl and doxy got the Redness out of the tip of penis, but I also cut down masturbation. So that not sure if it was the medicine. I have not had the fpain for three days, I haven't masturbsted in three days, but this has happened before. I still feel urine in my penis, when I lay down though. This has happened before though. The dull pain goes in and out, lasts for a few weeks, then goes away and comes back a couple of months later. Has happened three separate times since April. Can this be caused by over masturbation? I was masturbsting very frequently and holding my semen for a little before finishing. When I don't masturbste I really don't feel any pain and it's normal. Sex Doesn't cause it or if it does not as bad.
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Urology
11/22/2017
Urologist: Vakul Aren, Doctor,38 years of experience replied 8 months ago
Vakul Aren
Vakul Aren, Doctor,38 years of experience

Hello,I am Dr. Aren and I will help with your query.The common causes of such symptoms may be Chronic Prostrate infections and Non-Gonococcal Urethritis(NGU).Examination of the ejaculate after a prostratic massage will usually reveal infection which can then be treated,the NGU also needs to be investigated and treated.treatment of your partner should also be done at the same time to ensure that the disease is not passed to and fro between you.Abstaining from manual stimulation/masturbation for some time will help ease the problem.

I was tested for ngu in urine and was negative, my prostate was also examined. It's fine

A uretric calculi may also give a similar sensation,getting an ultrasound scan may help.

What is that

A small stone in the ureter(the connection between the kidney and the urinary bladder).

My one urologist, said the only thing he would recommend is a cystoscopy, just to check for scar tissue. Can't they just do an ultrasound of my urethra? I prob don't have scar tissue and the cystoscope can cause that

A cystoscopy is unlikely to cause scarring,a cystoscopy can visualise only the urethra and the bladder,you will need imaging like Ultrasound scanning/CT scanning to visualise the ureters and the kidneys.