Urology

Have Urology Questions? Ask a Urologist Online.

Ask a Doctor,

I've been experiencing some uncomfort down in that area. No…

Customer Question
Hi, I've been experiencing...

Hi, I've been experiencing some uncomfort down in that area.

Doctor's Assistant: Any pain or burning sensation while urinating? What color is your urine?

No pain, although there is sort of this burning/itching sensation. The color is more yellow than usually I'd say and I think i'm urinating more often.

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with the burning? Are you experiencing any other discomfort?

No other discomfort. I'd say over a week now. It had stopped, but then came back.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I had a urinary tract infection, but that was about 4 years ago.

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Urology
Answered in 1 hour by:
11/20/2017
Urologist: Dr. Mo, Board Certified MD replied 5 months ago
Dr. Mo
Dr. Mo, Board Certified MD

Hi, Dr. Mo here with JA. Please let me review the information and I'll reply shortly.

How long has this been going on for and are you having some burning or possibly blood in the urine?

Any pelvic pain or low back pain?

Hi Dr. Mo,This has been going on off and on for about 2 weeks. No blood in the urine and no pelvic or back pain.

Thank you for that information.

What is your main concern with this?

Any discharge at all or concern about an STD perhaps?

No discharge per say, but I do think that i’ve been urinating more often than usual. Main concern is an STD and I want to get rid of the discomfort.

If it was an STD then chlamydia would be the most common cause.

A UTI would be less likely to last 2 weeks without blood or worsening symptoms.

At this point you could take some AZO over the counter to help with the discomfort but the next best step would be to have a urine test to rule out an infection and to rule out an STD.

Sounds good, thank you. I’ll schedule a urine test then. Do I need a blood test as well?

A blood test wouldn't be bad for things like syphilis or HIV but those are of course much less rare and if they are available to you then it wouldn't hurt to do them.

You're welcome.

I hope I provided you with a 5-star service.

Sounds good, thanks again.

Absolutely.

Please click on rating when you have a chance.

Please let me know if I can clarify anything.

Otherwise I hope I provided you with a 5-star service.

Please click on the rating button when ready.

Dr. Mo

Dr. Mo
Dr. Mo
Dr. Mo, Board Certified MD