Urology

Have Urology Questions? Ask a Urologist Online.

Ask a Doctor,

I keep having UTI infections... Burning...yellow. Pressure.

Customer Question
I keep having UTI...

I keep having UTI infections...

Doctor's Assistant: Any pain or burning sensation while urinating? What color is your urine?

Burning...yellow

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with the burning? Are you experiencing any other discomfort?

Pressure

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I also end up with diarreha

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Urology
11/20/2017
Urologist: Dr. Arun Phophalia, Urologist replied 5 months ago

Welcome to Just Answer.
Answers here are for education and information.
I will respond shortly with an answer, or further information request.

What is your age and gender?

What are the investigations done?

Urologist: Dr. Arun Phophalia, Urologist replied 4 months ago

Following approach for the chronic / recurrent urinary tract infection may be helpful;

1) An estimation of residual urine. This is done by an ultrasound examination. An ultrasound is done with full bladder. Then you are asked to void and ultrasound is repeated. If there is a residual urine amount more than 50 ml; that is considered as significant amount. An high residual urine in bladder will not let the UTI eradicated. In a high residual urine following investigations would be done;

a) CMG (cystometrography); this tells about the bladder muscle and sphincter functions. A problem in these would not let the bladder empty properly and thus the recurrent UTI.

b) Pelvic floor EMG; tells about the pelvic muscle dysfunctions and help in above.

These will need medications to improve bladder emptying.

2) Medications which alter urinary pH helps in eradicating the recurrent or chronic UTI with the antibiotics.

3) Culture for the mycobacterium; this if grown will need different kind of medication regime specifically for the mycobacterium bacteria which do not respond to the antibiotics.

4) Gynecological examination; to see for the major cystocele (bladder prolapse). This also predisposes for the recurrent UTI.

5) If above do no help the other investigation contemplated are;

a) Cystoscopy; camera exam to look for bladder diverticulum or any other abnormality.

b) MR urography (magnetic resonance urography to look for infective nidus elsewhere in the urinary tract).

" I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen ( rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!”.

Was this information helpful to you? I would be glad to answer any further questions.

It is privilege assisting you.

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.

Please consider a positive 5 star rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating.

The rating button is on the left upper side of this thread.

You can continue to ask questions after positive feedback.

Thank you.

Wishing you all the very best in life.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-rate-answer-hl

Dr. Arun Phophalia, Urologist